Nursing your child is one of the sweetest bonding activities that you can do with your newborn child. However, we definitely need a hand sometimes. Feeding pillows, often called nursing pillows, are there to give us a little bit of extra support for when we need to feed our sweet little ones. Whether you’re breastfeeding or using a bottle, here are some of the best feeding pillows out on the market today.
- Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner
- Infantino Elevate Adjustable Nursing and Breastfeeding Pillow
- My Brest Friend Original Nursing Posture Pillow
- Borje 45° Angle Newborn Breastfeeding Adjustable Pillow
- Itzy Ritzy Milk Boss Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding Pillow
- Leachco Natural Boost – Adjustable Nursing Pillow
The Boppy is by far one of the best nursing pillows out there that you can get. It provides support and helps you to prop your baby up to make breastfeeding them an absolute breeze. This one comes with a cover already, but you can even switch out covers to your liking!
This revolutionary nursing pillow is different from all of the rest because it is multilayered, meaning that Mom can adjust the height of the pillow at any time to her and her baby’s comfort during nursing. It also supports a variety of nursing positions including cross-cradle, upright, and football.
The My Brest Friend Nursing and Posture Pillow helps to encourage Mom to have better posture during those times when she is breastfeeding. This can help to reduce pain and strain in the neck and back. The firm surface prevents your baby from rolling while on the pillow. It also has a handy pocket that you can keep your maternity items within reach of you; say, if you needed a drink of water, you could put your water bottle in that pouch.
This nursing pillow is an excellent choice because it has a 45-degree angle at which your baby’s head will sit upon a tiny pillow, so they can rest while they are breastfeeding. It is also a more ergonomic position for a mama, helping to support her posture while she is nourishing her little one.
With a super design, this is a very different kind of nursing pillow, but we like it! It goes around your arm and is adjustable, so you can make your baby more comfortable. In addition to breastfeeding, it can be used for bottle feeding, as well, which makes it a double score in our book.
This contoured nursing pillow fits right around the waist for a safe grip. The “boost” pillow for your baby’s head can be flipped from side to side, depending on the side that you are nursing on. The boost pillow can also be removed as well. It is also the perfect size to make it a travel nursing pillow, too.
All of these pillows have unique charms about them, and any of these pillows would make a great choice for a nursing mother — as well as a little extra support for moms, dads, grandparents, and anyone else who might be feeding a baby a bottle.
- Does every baby need a sleep sack? It’s complicated
- When can babies eat spinach? Don’t feed it to them too early
- This is when your toddler can sleep with a blanket and pillow
- The ultimate nursery checklist of everything you need (and nothing you don’t)
- Should you have bottle warmers for breast milk in your home? It’s complicated