From our favorite books to our favorite movies, there are inspirational quotes for kids to be found everywhere. As adults, we turn to well-loved books and the characters in them to provide us with a little extra insight. If your child happens to be a Potterhead, these are inspirational quotes to read over and over, straight from their dearest Harry Potter characters.
Straight from your child’s (or your) most-beloved character, these are the quotes for your kid to repeat to themselves during all types of situations.
In sad times
“But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
To always choose kindness
“I’m hoping to do some good in the world.” – Hermione Granger
To remember to be yourself
“I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.” – Rubeus Hagrid
To inspire them to be anything they want to be
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Albus Dumbledore
To remember true friends are the best friends
“What a beautiful place… to be with friends.” – Dobby the house elf
To remember we all have every emotion in us, and that’s beautiful
“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – Sirius Black
Yes, you could say we have a specific character we turn to over others when we need life guidance. Luna Lovegood has so many great quotes that she gets her own section. While she gets portrayed as the weird one, if you pay attention to her actual words, there’s nothing but wisdom from the rambunctiously radiant Ravenclaw.
Some of her best inspirational advice
- “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”
- “Don’t worry, you are just as sane as I am.”
- “Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.”
- “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means that you are brave enough to be yourself.”
- “Always be yourself because if you’re not yourself who are you?”
Sharing your love of literature with your child while providing them with inspirational sayings to be there for them whenever they need is pretty special. The quotes coming from Harry Potter characters make it even more magical. And, if you don’t mind marking up books, let your child highlight any quotes that speak to their little soul.
We all have mantras or quotes we say to ourselves when we need that extra bit of help to get through a moment. Share these inspirational quotes with your kiddos to have in their pocket while keeping the next generation of Potterheads going strong.
- Cell phone addiction and young kids: Your child is likely at risk
- The best party games for your sports-loving kids
- Kids clothes: This is how many outfits children really need
- Try these sunburn remedies for kids when things get too hot
- There are actually some helpful benefits of tongue twisters for kids