We all have a soft spot in our hearts for the movies we were raised on. We grew up on those films and they helped shape the adult version of ourselves more than we might want to admit. These are the childhood movies that you have to watch with your little human that will show them the value of family and friendship and that kindness is always the right choice.
My Girl made us all cry when it came out, but it touches on topics that still hold up today. The loss of a loved one and the relationship between a child and parent are beautifully told.
And, if you have a preteen or young teen in the house, it’s a good movie to open up a dialogue about romantic relationships in an age-appropriate way.
No matter what season it is or what age your kiddo is, these films will make everyone feel good by the time the end credits roll. They go straight for the heart and show friends and family coming together to get you through life. Take a stroll down memory lane with these nostalgic movies that your offspring should watch at least once.
- A simple guide for talking with your grade schooler about LGBTQ+ identity
- Try these sunburn remedies for kids when things get too hot
- Bring imagination back into your kid’s playroom with these ingenious DIY ideas
- The best small pets for kids (that they can actually handle)
- Family fun: Your kids will love these springtime activities