Dressing up for Halloween as a family is a bonding experience that your kids will remember forever. Whether you have little ones or older kids, there are a variety of group costume ideas that will get the whole family in the spooky spirit. Check out some of the best ways to celebrate Halloween with these fun costumes for your family of four.
One benefit to being a family of four is that there are so many animated families that feature four or more members. You can each pick your favorite character and bring your beloved animated show to life. Some iconic animated families that you can recreate include:
- The Flintstones
- The Smiths from American Dad
- The Incredibles
- The Belchers from Bob’s Burgers
- The Smiths from Rick and Morty
- The Simpsons
- The Addams Family
If your family loves animals, weather, plants, and the many other staples of our natural world, then this idea may be perfect for you. Your family can get inspired by a variety of themes and places around the world such as:
- An African safari
- The jungle
- Under the sea
- In the scorching desert
- Out in the bayou
- The freezing arctic
- Sunshine, rainbows, clouds, and rain
- A field of flowers
If you and your family love Halloween and everything that it entails, then turning yourselves into a family of monsters can be an exciting group costume. You can mix and match monsters in your little group or become a family of one type of monster. Some truly terrifying monsters include:
- Ghosts and ghouls
If someone in your family has an interesting career or you just love the idea of pretending to be a family of a certain profession, then this is the idea for you. You can get really creative with this idea and put your own spin on it however you want. It can be cute to incorporate one or two costumes of the actual profession with one or two costumes of the different tools, supplies, or aspects of that profession. Some ideas for this theme include:
- Firefighters. You can make some family members into firefighters and others can be things like fire flames, a fire truck, or a burning building.
- FBI agents. This idea will surely get your kids excited. You can turn your kids into top secret agents while you and your spouse become the bad guys.
- Chefs. Whether your family loves to cook or not, it can’t get any cuter than a group of little chefs. For this costume idea, some family members can be top chefs with the large hats and rolling pins. Other family members can star as your favorite foods, ready to be prepared by the chefs.
- Astronauts. If you want a costume idea that is truly out of this world, then look no further. Transform your family into a group of adventurous astronauts with fun space suits and helmets. You or your kids could also be stars, the moon, or a spaceship.
- Veterinarians. The medical world is a competitive place and your costumes will be too. Dress up in scrubs with props like thermometers, stethoscopes, and more. Your other family members can become dogs, cats, and other animals.
- Business people. Stocks, finances, accounts, business meetings, and sharp attire will get your family in the businessperson spirit. With this idea, you can transform your family into a group of four savvy business people looking for their next big deal. You can all dress up in sharp suits and carry around props like briefcases to finish off the look.
Food costumes will never go out of style because they are cute, funny, and let people know what your favorite food is. It can’t get any better than that. Some food classics to dress up your family of four include:
- Fruits: Pineapple, strawberries, grapes, bananas, etc.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, carrots, salad, mushrooms, etc.
- Ice cream
Having a family to dress up with for Halloween is a special thing to enjoy. It can be especially adorable when you have little kids who think it’s exciting to match their parents. There are so many fun costumes to get your family excited for the Halloween season. If you use some of these ideas and tips, you will surely be the most well-dressed family of four at any Halloween party.
- 4 homework apps that are helpful for middle schoolers
- 5 great day trip ideas for fall in Texas
- 6 unique egg carton crafts your six year old can make
- 10 fun fall activities the whole family will enjoy
- 6 eco-friendly cleaning products that are safe and non-toxic for families